Indus Valley Foundation
Indus Valley Foundation was founded as a not for profit organisation to train and empower rural and tribal youth who are school drop outs and are marginalised. India has millions of such youth who are underprivileged and need to be uplifted and empowered. IVF is dedicated to training such youth for the wellness industry, which is reeling under shortage of manpower. The Foundation has pioneered a training program for 12 months, which includes 6 months of internship with certification. IVF has trained hundreds of such youth and placed them in various spas, resorts and wellness centres across India and overseas. Many have become entrepreneurs and some have gone overseas and established their own wellness spas. As part of this training program, the students undergo intensive training in communication skills in English and personality development along with basic computer skills. The program has been extremely successful and now we intend to expand this to other Districts and States. According to the labour department’s current statistics, the country needs one million trained therapists annually till 2022. Wellness industry in India is one of the fastest growing industries (22% annual growth) and is a priority sector under the new guidelines of “Make in India” project.
In the year 2015, IVF signed an agreement with the Department of Sports and Youth Empowerment, Karnataka State, to train a large number of youth for the industry.
Indus Valley Foundation gets funding through Indus Valley Ayurvedic Centre (IVAC) and private donors to train youth aged 15 yrs and above as Ayurveda Therapists, Masseuses, Yoga instructors and Ayurveda cooks, to empower them for the wellness industry. We are in need of additional funding to provide training for a large number of youth across India and to introduce technology for training, skill testing and for continued training to maintain and improve their skills to global standards.
The cost of training:
To train one youth as a therapist/Yoga Instructor/Ayurveda Cook, which includes food, accommodation, uniform, training and course material for 1year costs US$ 1100/ 1200 Euros/70,000 INR.
We request you to kindly donate generously to help us in this social investment initiative. Those of you who have been to IVAC already know how our therapists perform, which is rated as “Excellent” by 80% of trip advisor visitors. We receive clients from more than 60 countries worldwide.
Talavane Krishna, MD
Note: Please receive the receipt of donation amount.
- I felt happy about the exceptional training that you have given to the therapists. Everyone in your team has a fantastic attitude and for me, this was an amazing experience. I shall make IVAC part of my annual calendar.
Mrs Nandini Vaidyanathan – India.
- “The experience was positive and interesting for all of us. The staff is of the highest possible calibre.”
Dr.Andrew Weil – USA
- “IVAC staffs are excellent. They go about their work greatly, politely and with responsibility”.
Mr.D.P.Sinha – Noida
- “I have enjoyed all the treatments, masseurs are very well trained and this is one of the best experiences I have ever had”.
Mrs.Uma Oberoi – Jeddah
- I felt happy about the attention by everyone especially both doctors, all the masseurs, the yoga instructor and the front office manager. I have never had such wonderful Ayurvedic Treatment before! Thank you all for your kindness & attention.
Mrs.Suzanne Palmer – Australia