Ayurveda for metabolic disorders
Metabolism is the process whereby the food we eat gets transformed into seven bodily tissues viz: Plasma, blood, muscle, adipose tissue, bones, nervous tissue and male and female reproductive tissues and finally as mind. The five elemental principles in their different combinations form Vata, Pitta and Kapha, which govern all our physiology and psychology,
The five elemental principles are:
The three governing factors are:
- Space+Air= Vata
According to modern medical science, the metabolism is regulated through various hormones and enzymes. A disorder in the metabolism may be acquired or could be a genetic disorder. It could also be an immune disorder.
According to Ayurveda, an acquired metabolic disorder is due to:
- Inappropriate association of the sense organs with sense objects (Asatmyendriyartha Samyoga), smoking, alcohol and drug addiction
- Doing wrong things, for example eating too much of a wrong food, although you know it is not good for you (Prajnaparadha)
- Not being able to adjust and balance your life to the changing nature, either due to age or changing weather conditions
The acquired metabolic disorders are much easier to correct, control or manage. Ayurvedic treatments, sometimes through integrative approach, in long standing chronic situations, work very satisfactorily.
Genetic metabolic disorders are difficult ones to treat and many times the quality of living can be improved. Ayurvedic life style quite often is sufficient to make a person lead a healthy life. Immune mediated metabolic disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, alopecia areata and psoriasis respond very well to traditional Ayurvedic treatments, where as conventional medical treatments are not very effective and may have serious side effects.
The Ayurvedic view of disease includes any condition causing uneasiness to the body or mind. According to Ayurveda such conditions are caused by three factors:
Asatmyendriyartha Samyoga: Inappropriate association of the sense organs with sense objects.
Prajnaparadha: Mistaken intellect.
Kala Parinama: Being out of harmony with the rhythms and cycles of nature.
In relation to metabolic disorders, the predominant symptoms generally fall into the category of dosha vitiation with a predominance of Kapha and Pitta imbalance, though most disorders affect all doshas.
The Imbalance may cause –
- Lipid disorder
- Hyper Thyroidism
- Hypo Thyroidism
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
The treatment focus in ayurveda for metabolic disorders are:
- Correction of the metabolic fire in the affected tissues
- Detoxifications of the accumulated toxins
- Prevent the formation of Ama – maintain balanced metabolism.
This can be achieved through:
- Integrated approach
- Internal herbal medicines
- Panchakarma & External therapies
- Appropriate life style corrections – including diet, activity or exercise, stress management.
- Aqua therapies
Duration of treatment: Minimum 2 weeks (will vary depending on the severity of the condition.)
14 Night / 15 Days
21 Night / 22 Days
29 Night / 30 Days
|Double ( USD)||Single (USD)||Double (USD)||Single (USD)||
|Standard Non A/C||
Ayurveda package for metabolic disorder includes:
- Accommodation as per your selection in Standard Non a/c, Deluxe & Cottage
- All 3 meals a day (vegetarian, ayurveda cuisine)
- Consultation with the doctor
- Follow-up consultation every day
- Any combinations of the following treatments as advised by the doctor:
- Patra Pinda Sweda
- Sarvangadhara (Pizichil)
- Kati Basti
- Greeva Basti
- Steam bath
- Navarakkizi (SSPS)
- Shiro Pichu
- Sthanika Abhyanga like Padabhyanga, Hasthabhyanga etc
- Internal Herbal Medicines
- Daily Yoga, Yoga Nidra & Pranayama
For the particular health condition of your metabolic disorders package that you would be advised to take, your doctor will custom design a different treatment, which is not mentioned above, to treat your condition based on several factors. The doctor will discuss that with you will explain during the consultation.
- Nearest International Airport : Bangalore – 3-4 hrs drive, based on traffic conditions
- Mysore has an airport with limited connectivity. We will advise about the flights at the time of booking
- Number of guest rooms – 25 (10 cottages, 7 Deluxe & 8 Standard non a/c )
- Number of treatment rooms – 7
- Number of skin care and beauty treatment rooms - 2
- Other activities – swimming pool, Tennis court
- Internet at the reception
- TV. We do not recommend watching TV and advise using minimal electronic equipments for optimum results.
- Local sightseeing can be arranged*
- Astrology consultation, Homa, Japa*
- Ayurveda pulse reading and Vastu course*
*Some of these may be part of your package. If not there will be an additional charge